|This is what it looks like on a 35" bus mannequin. BTW thats 15" less than the pattern|
|In real life it doesn't pull at the waist as much|
While many things went right with this project there were a few flaws. Even though I fully underlined the front with hair canvas it was too light weight. That was what I was intending to have a softly tailored look I think it was the wrong fabric to try it with. If your going to the effort of padstitching and staying the roll line and taping the lapels then it would be nice to also get the wrinkle resistance that a heavier hair canvas would have offered.
|To be honest this is how it'll look most of the time since I tend to stand like this a lot|
I would have also been more agressive in my narrow shoulder adjustment as most of the collapsing of the shoulder line is because of that. I took the chest shield out also. One because it really wasn't big enough and two because of the narrow shoulder it wasn't adding to the silhouette. Next time instead of having a facing that went all the way around I would convert the facing bottom to a hem and bag out the corner the way Kathleen on FI shows. The facing did however make it easier to put the lining in but with this pattern you did actually have to draft your own and with the facing I wasn't sure how to handle the jump hem so only put a tiny one in.
|Yip the pocket illustrated how I feel about this project.|
I did quite a few things right though. The pattern was nearly perfect straight out of the gate for my figure. The welt pockets were nearly perfect and the project was wearable but it didn't turn out as sublime as I had hoped and mainly thats due to my visualizing myself as a size 6 and then seeing the garment on my actual body.