I didn't do much of anything this week with Mr SewUnnecessary off on vacation and me having a little stomach bug but I did finish off these mint suede slippers while watching the Kentucky Derby
I used the suede for the upper and the lining and bagged the top edge. I could have skived the edges a little bit better. No counter stiffener or toe puff. Could have used something in the counter area but works ok without a toe puff. I've seen how other makers deal with this issue by using a back strap but they also don't last their shoe so I figured its because they don't know better. I think I need to get some celastic to try. Something a little simpler to apply. The thermoplastic stuff does go on easy but the filing takes awhile.